I. TEACHERS AND THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Whoever adopts teaching as a profession assumes the obligation to conduct himself / herself in accordance with the ideal of the profession. A teacher is constantly under the scrutiny of his students and the society at large. Therefore, every teacher should see that there is no incompatibility between his precepts and practice. The national ideals of education which have already been set forth and which he/she should seek to inculcate among student must be his/her own ideals. The profession further requires that the teacher should be calm, patient and communicative by temperament and amiable disposition.
- Adhere to a responsible pattern of conduct and demeanour expected of them by the community;
- Manage their private affairs in a manner consistent with the dignity of the profession;
- Seek to make professional growth continuous through study and research;
- Express free and frank opinion by participation at professional meetings, seminars, conferences etc. towards the contribution of knowledge;
- Maintain active membership of professional organizations and strive to improve education and profession through them;
- Perform their duties in the form of teaching, tutorial, practical, seminar and research work conscientiously and with dedication;
- Co-operate and assist in carrying out function relating to the educational responsibilities of the college and the university such as: assisting in appraising applications for admission, advising and the counselling students as well as assisting the conduct of university and the college examination, including supervision, invigilation and evaluation; and
- Participate in extension, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities including community service.
II. TEACHERS AND STUDENTS
- Respect the right and dignity of the student in expressing his/her opinion;
- Deal justly and impartially with students regardless of their religion, caste, political,economic, social and physical characteristics;
- Recognize the difference in aptitude and capabilities among the students and strive to meet their individual needs;
- Encourage students to improve their attainment, develop their personalities and at the same time contribute to community welfare;
- Inculcate among the students, scientific outlook and respect for physical labour and ideals of democracy, patriotism and peace;
- Be affectionate to the student and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason;
- Pay attention to only the attainment of the student in the assessment of merit;
- Make themselves available to the students even beyond their class hours and help and guide students without any remuneration or reward;
- Aid student to develop an understanding of our national heritage and national goals; and
- Refrain from inciting students against other students colleagues or administration.
III. TEACHER AND COLLEAGUES
- Treat other members of the profession in the same manner as they themselves wish to be treated;
- Speak respectfully to other teachers and render assistance for professional betterment;
- Refrain from lodging unsubstantiated allegation against colleagues to higher authorities; and
- Refrain from allowing considerations of caste, creed, religion, race or sex in their professional endeavour.
IV. TEACHER AND AUTHORITIES:
- Discharge their profession responsibilities according to the existing rules and adhere to procedures and method consistent with their profession in initiating steps through their own institutional bodies and/or professional organization for change of any detrimental to the professional interest;
- Refrain from undertaking any other employment and commitment including private tuitions and coaching classes which are likely to interface with their professional responsibilities;
- Co-operate in the formulation of policies of the institution by accepting various offices and discharge responsibilities which such offices may demand;
- Co-operate through their organizations in the formulation of policies of the other institutions and accept officers;
- Co-operate with the authorities for the betterment of the institutions keeping in view the interest and in conformity with dignity of the profession;
- Should adhere to the condition of contract;
- Give the expert due notice before a chance of position is made; and
- Refrain from availing themselves of leave except on unavoidable grounds and as far as practicable with prior intimation, keeping in view their particular responsibility for completion of academic schedule.
VI. TEACHER AND GUARDIANS :
(i) Try to see through teacher bodies and organization that institutions maintain contact with the guardians, their students send reports of their performance to the guardians whenever necessary and meet the guardians in meetings convened for the purpose for mutual exchange of ideas and for the benefit of the institution.
VII. TEACHERS AND SOCIETY
- Recognize that education is a public service and strive to keep the public informed of the educational programmes which are being provided:
- Work to improve education in the community and the strength the community's moral and intellectual life;
- Be aware of socials problems and take part in such activities as would be conducive to the progress of society and hence the country as a whole;
- Perform the duties of citizenship, participate in community activities and shoulder responsibilities of public offices;
- Refrain from talking part in or subscribing to or assisting in any way activities which tend to promote feeling of hatred or enmity among different communities, religions or linguistic group but actively work for National Integration