- Certificates Required for Admission
- Following documents are required for admission to any undergraduate course:
- 1. Duly filled college admission form.
- 2. Certificate of Date of Birth issued by the School Examination Board (Class X).
- 3. Detailed Marks-statement of Senior Secondary or equivalent Examination (Class XII).
- 4. Provisional Certificate of the last public examination passed, i.e. Senior Secondary or equivalent.
- 5. Character Certificate issued by the Principal of the School last attended.
- 6. Two latest unattested color photographs (passport size).
- 7. Caste / PWD / sports / ECA other related documents.
- Merit-Based Admission to Undergraduate
The Suggested Course and Category wise Merit List published on the University website shall be adhered to by all Colleges/ Departments of University of Delhi.
The marks entered by the applicant (at the time of registration on the UG Admissions Portal) will serve as the basis for computing the total marks for course-specific combinations of “Best Four” for admission in courses through the faculties of Arts, Commerce, Mathematical Sciences, Music, Social Sciences, Applied Social Sciences & Humanities, and “Three Subjects” for admission in courses under faculties of Sciences and Applied Sciences. This may be displayed on the UG Admissions Portal before the declaration of First Cut-Off marks by the Colleges/Departments.
A separate updated merit list will be published as an Annexure for applicants whose marks are updated after the publication of the Suggested Course and Category-wise Merit List.
- Reservations for SC/ST/OBC/EWS
The merit list for the unreserved category (UR) seats will comprise all the applicants in order of merit.None will be excluded from the same. In other words,the merit list will also include SC / ST / OBC / EWS applicants, irrespective of category, if they meet the criterion of merit for UR category.
No applicant can be excluded from the UR category merit list just because the applicant belongs to or has applied under SC / ST / OBC / EWS category. Such an applicant is entitled to be considered under the UR category, as well as under the reserved category. Admission to UR category seats will be strictly in order of merit without excluding SC/ST/OBC/EWS applicants
Discrimination on the basis of category/ caste is completely unlawful. The University of Delhi does not tolerate discrimination against any applicant/student on this basis. Strict action will be taken against any violations.
Applicants seeking admission under SC/ST/OBC/EWS category will have to produce for verification certificates in their own names.
22.5% of the total numbers of seats is reserved for applicants belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes (15% for Scheduled Caste and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribes, interchangeable if necessary).
Relaxation to the extent of 5% in the minimum marks shall be given to the applicants be-longing to SC and ST to determine their eligibility and merit for admission to the course concerned.
It is obligatory for all Colleges/Departments to fill all the seats reserved for SC/ST applicants. Minimum Eligibility in these cases is pass percentage 27% seats will be reserved for the applicants belonging to Other Backward Classes (OBC) (non-creamy layer, central list). The OBC applicants who belong to the ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ and whose caste appears in the Central List of the OBCs only, shall be eligible to be considered for admission under the OBC category(Validity period of OBC certificate in respect of ‘non-creamy layer’ status of the applicants as per DOPT Office Memorandum No. 36036/2/2013-Estt.(Res-dated 31 March 2016). The validity of the non-creamy layer certificate shall be for the financial year 2019-2020, issued on or after 31st March,2020.
As per the University of Delhi notifications (Reference No. Aca. I / Reservation of EWSs / 2019/ 63 Dated 28th March 2019 and Reference No. Aca. I / Reservation of EWSs / 2019 / 101 Dated 15th May 2019),for the reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) Category, the University Departments / Centres/ Colleges have reserved 10% seats for admission for the same in the Academic Year 2020-21.The eligibility of such applicants will be decided on the basis of fulfilling criteria prescribed in the above notifications, and subject to submission of documents, issued by the competent authority, in the format provided in Appendix V.
- Withdrawal of Admission
- Any student wishing to withdraw his/her name from the College must do so formally in writing, within the stipulated date. Such students are liable topay thefeesuntil his/her name has been formally withdrawn. On withdrawal of admission, fees will be refunded back to the students, after the deduction. All the deductions will be done asper University norms.