Department of Mathematics & Statistics
"The Department also admits students in M.A. / M.Sc. Mathematics, M.A. / M.Sc. Statistics and M.A./ M.Sc. Operation Search. The Department has a very well equipped Computer Lab and well stocked Library"
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics offers undergraduate and post-graduate courses in Mathematics, Statistics and Operational Research. The fundamental philosophy of the Department is to inculcate not only intellect and creativity among our students through their active engagement in academic and research activities but to realize them their extra-academic and extra-curricular disposition as well, critical for making a productive member of the society. Each faculty member closely monitors every student throughout the academic year in classes, tutorials, internals mid-term and final examinations. Our students are also encouraged to take peer tuition in- and out- class vis-à-vis active participation of the faculty members. It is indeed an honor for the department that two of its faculty members Ms Neelima and Dr Ruchika Verma have been awarded ‘‘Distinguished Teachers Awards’’ of University of Delhi by the former President of India Dr A P J Abdul Kalam on Teacher’s Day in 2009. The Department of Mathematics and Statistics boasts of state-of-the-art Lab and well-stocked Library. Since its inception it had played a dominant and important role in the evolution of modern theories of Mathematics and Statistics. Our faculty members have organized several summer and in-service institutes to train teachers for the new concepts. The Department takes pride in being the first institution of its kind to organize and host biennale International Seminar on History of Mathematical Sciences which have been seeing participations of eminent scholars in the field from USA, UK, Canada, Israel, Iran, Italy, Germany, and Nepal besides many renowned Indian Mathematician and Statisticians. Some of the greatest Mathematicians and Statistician of our time who had visited the Department are G S Pandey (President, ISHM), Ivor Grattan-Guiness (Middlesex University, UK), Norbert H Schlomiuk (University of Montreal, Canada), Vitali Milman (Tel Aviv University, Israel), Volker Peckhaus (Universitat Erlangen-Nurnberg, Germany), E Von Collani (Universitat Wuezburg, Germany), etc. The Department proudly boasts of an enviable record of large number of student placements with renowned companies and organization over the past many years in the world over.
- Dr. (Ms) Neelam Lau, M.Sc., Ph.D. Associate Professor
- Dr. (Ms) Anita Bansal, M.A, M.Sc, Ph.D Associate Professor
- Dr. Shishir Kr. Jha, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D Associate Professor (T/C till 01-09-2019)
- Dr. Babita Goyal, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Phil.,Ph.D Associate Professor
- Dr. (Ms) Ruchika Verma, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D Associate Professor
- Dr. Iffat Jahan, M.Sc., M.Phil Assistant Professor
- Ms. Nidhi Dhingra, M.A, M.Phil Assistant Professor
- Dr. Narinder Pushkarna, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D Associate Professor
- Ms. Raj Kumari Bahl, M.Sc., M.Phil. Assistant Professor
- Dr. Anuradha Rajkonwar Chetiya M.phil, Ph.D Assistant Professor
- Ms. Neelima Varshaney, M.A., M. Phil Assistant Professor (On study Leave)
- Mr. Praveen Kumar, M.Sc., Assistant Professor