Department of Economics
"The Department of Economics at Ramjas College is moulded in the finest traditions of this college, and is widely recognised as a fertile ground for academic as well as co-curricular growth of its student body"
The Department of Economics at Ramjas College is widely recognized for the academic as well as co-curricular growth of its students. The department is a vibrant learning ground which aims at giving its students a thorough grounding in skills of reading, comprehension, writing, analysis and presentation related to Economics. The students get good exposure to development issues surrounding small, medium and micro enterprises and various industry visits are organized for the same purpose. Department also has an Economics Society which hosts the Annual Winter Economics Conference in the month of December annually, which gets enthusiastic participation from delegates across Delhi University. Key Activities include South Asian Students of Economics Meet (The SAESM). In the Fifth SASEM which was hosted in Delhi (2008), the Inaugural Function was graced by a written message from the Honourable Prime Minister of India, Dr. Manmohan Singh. This conference has participation of some of the best students of Economics of the sub-continent, from premier institutions of higher learning from Pakistan (Lahore University of Management Studies), Sri Lanka (Colombo University), Bangladesh (University of Dhaka) and Nepal (Tribhuban University), apart from students from a number of prestigious universities and colleges from all over India.
- Dr Mihir Pandey, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D. - Associate Professor
- Dr Deb Kusum Das, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D. - Associate Professor (T/C till 23-07-2019)
- Dr Sonia Goel, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D. - Associate Professor
- Mr. Alok Dash, M.A. - Assistant Professor
- Dr Lokendra Sharan Kumawat, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D. - Assistant Professor
- Mr. Pawan Kumar, M.A., M.Phil - Assistant Professor
- Mr. A. Vijay Kumar, M.A., - Assistant Professor (On Study Leave)
- Ms. Archi Bhatia, M.A., M.Phil - Assistant Professor (On Study Leave)