Department of Zoology
The Department of Zoology has a long-standing reputation for quality teaching with research and industry oriented approach for undergraduates. The department educates the students into broad spectrum of biology ranging from ecology and chordates, and specializing into cell & molecular biology and biotechnology. The Department also enrolls students for highly regarded M.Sc Zoology course. Admission to M.Sc Zoology is made centrally by the Faculty of Science, University of Delhi. The Department also participates in teaching B.Sc. Life Science and B.Sc. Applied life sciences. The Zoological museum in the department helps to enhance the understanding of the subject from grass-root level. The practicals are supported by excellent laboratory facilities and well-trained faculty members. Department offers specialization in major areas of Zoology like Reproductive Biology and Entomology. The students run a Departmental Society called Zoon, which coordinates seminars delivered by noted speakers, organizes inter-departmental competition, picnic etc. The Department also has an equally dynamic and vibrant society called GENESIS that organizes excursions, seminars, panel discussions, competitions, quizzes etc. The programmes of Genesis are organized in the Department every alternate year along with the Botany Department.
Zoology Department also send the students to various renowned National and International Institutions such as, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Indian Institute of Sciences, University of Delhi, Jawaharlal Nehru University, WWF and TEERI for summer training programmes and internships. The Department has been ably guiding students to pursue their higher studies in esteem academic Institutions in India and abroad, besides taking care of their progressive achievements. The Faculty members undertake continuous challenges to improve their teaching skills.
- Dr. (Ms) Renu Gupta, M.Sc., Ph.D. - Associate Professor
- Dr. (Ms) Sukanya Lal, M.Sc., Ph.D. - Associate Professor (T/C till 01-01-2020)
- Dr. (Ms) Arunima Sahgal, M.Sc., Ph.D. - Associate Professor
- Dr. (Ms) Smita Bhatia, M.Sc., Ph.D. - Associate Professor
- Dr. (Ms) Hardeep Kaur, M.Sc., Ph.D - Assistant Professor
- Mr. M. Ojit Kumar Singh, M.Sc., M.Phil - Assistant Professor (On Study Leave)
- Dr. (Ms) Charu Dogra Rawat, M.Sc., Ph.D - Assistant Professor
- Dr. Amit Bhattacharya, M.Sc., Ph.D - Assistant Professor